With knocking out commissions, freelance projects and along with exhibiting at shows, I haven’t had a chance to share this with you yet. I was finally able to add background to this Prince 1999 inspired illustration.
Here is the finished Flashpoint Joker Cover. On this last stage, I stared with a base green color. Form there went back and forth with the different shades of green layering until the hair was complete. The background was lacking something for me so I added lightning to bring the whole cover together. Lastly, I didn’t like the way the yellow on the logo looked with rest of the cover so I decided it needed to change. Since Flashpoint Batman’s logo is black and red, I decided to change the logo to match that style. The change was made with a red copic maker by going over all the yellow areas of the logo. Once it was done, the cover come together fully. Rendered with Faber-Castell PITT artist pen, Liquitex paint and Posca paint markers.
Here is progress shot 4 for this Flashpoint Joker Sketch Cover. For this stage, I started with the green shirt area. Slowly built up the greens by going back and forth until the tones I was going for were achieved. Next I moved on to rendering the tie. The tie was rendered with the same technique as the shirt. Rendered with Faber-Castell PITT artist pens and Liquitex paint.