Got a little more painting done on this Jack Skellington piece between knocking out commissions, working on freelance projects and prepping from shows.

Read More →

More Halloween inspired art is taking shape, this time with the Pumpkin King. Pencilled this a little over a year age and I’ve finally been able to start the paint process for this Jack Skellington piece. This painting is on Strathmore Mixed Media Toned Gray paper which takes acrylic paint extremely well. Here is a look at the beginning process stage.

Read More →

Here is the finished Batman Red Rain painting from one of my favorite Elseworld stories. Painted  with Liquitex paint on Strathmore Artagain paper.

Read More →

Made a little more progress of this Halloween inspired Batman Red Rain painting. In this second painting stage, I used dry brush technique. I like the way dry brush picks up the texture of the paper while layering the paint. Next up will be finishing up Batman and then adding in the background. 

Read More →

With my favorite holiday just around the corner. It’s got me inspired to create some creature artwork. So I’ve been wanting to paint this Batman from one of my favorite Elseworld stories. Haven’t done an illustration on black paper in some time and thought this Batman illustration would look good on it and capture the atmosphere I wanted to express with this piece.  Here’s the beginning stage of my Batman Red Rain painting on Strathmore Artagain paper.

Read More →

Here is the finished Flashpoint Joker Cover. On this last stage, I stared with a base green color. Form there went back and forth with the different shades of green layering until the hair was complete. The background was lacking something for me so I added lightning to bring the whole cover together. Lastly, I didn’t like the way the yellow on the logo looked with rest of the cover so I decided it needed to change. Since Flashpoint Batman’s logo is black and red, I decided to change the logo to match that style.  The change was made with a red copic maker by going over all the yellow areas of the logo. Once it was done, the cover come together fully. Rendered with Faber-Castell PITT artist pen, Liquitex paint and Posca paint markers.

Read More →

The art cave is busy with prepping for SDCC. Working on painting some sketch covers to have with me at Booth 1330. This Flashpoint Joker is currently on my art table.

Read More →

Slowly making a little more progress on this sketch cover between various projects. On this progress stage, I moved on to rendering the the face area with dry brush technique to create the symbiote texture.

Read More →

I’m slowly making a little more progress on this Venom Sketch Cover between various projects. With the background all finished up, I moved on to painting the mouth area. I started painting the tongue first and built up the color layers with dry brush technique. Then I moved on to rendering the gums with the same technique. 

Read More →

Started working on this Sketch Cover. With the Venom Sketch Cover pencils all finished up, I moved on to painting the background. Here is the process behind the work in progress 1. The background was laid down by layering different tones of red upon each other. Once the look I was going for was achieved, I moved on to adding more texture with Liquitex free•style Splatter Brushes.

Read More →